Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I'm sick of this American life.

So, I've been temping. There, I said it. I'm helping an Engineering firm in Pioneer Square archive or recycle the majority of their paperwork before they make the move (2 blocks down the street). Most of the day I sit in an office by myself labelling, de-bindering, rolling architectural drawings, and stuffing everything in boxes. So, my iPod gets a pretty good workout. That's why I was even more excited than I otherwise would be when I found out that This American Life had started podcasting (now their current show is available as a free mp3 download). And if they hadn't started podcasting, I probably wouldn't have discovered that This American Life is recording a "live show" in Seattle. And if I hadn't picked up a temp job, I probably wouldn't have discovered this in time to call Ticketmaster the minute the tickets went on sale and purchase tickets in the front row of the balcony at the Paramount theater. So, thank goodness for temp work, eh? Oh, our show features Dan Savage and Mates of State. Hmmm, the MOS website says Sara Vowell will be there too. Yay! I'm not sure when this show will actually air on the radio. There were six live tour dates, the first of which will air this weekend (presumably the New York show?). So, keep your ear out. If you hear someone yelling a crazy Cornell hockey cheer, you'll know who.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. Nice you are posting again. Did you see Ira Glass on the tiny TV? His new program?

Paul said...

Well, we did see some clips (and outtakes) of the tv show at the live show. Including a brilliant demonstration of why tiny Ira shouldn't be appearing as an interviewer. But we don't get Showtime, so we'll have to wait to see the tv show. It does look like it will be very good, though. The radio version of the live shows is supposed to air next weekend (3/17 or so). There were six live shows, and possibly only one resulting radio show, so I'm not sure which stories will make the cut.